- I-395, I-495, I-66, and I-95 run through Northern Virginia, and eight additional interstates offer direct access to major U.S. markets: I-295, I-695, I-270, I-370, I-70, I-595, I-81, and I-64.
- CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern Railway Company provide freight rail service.
- Passenger rail service is provided by Virginia Railway Express and the Metro system.
- The Virginia Inland Port, an intermodal container transfer facility, is 30 miles west, and The Port of Virginia in Hampton Roads is 171 miles southeast.
- A true international gateway, Northern Virginia is served by three major airports: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), and Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI).